There is no question that eggs are one of the healthiest, simple proteins that we can add to our V-Lean tool kit, and cooking them has never been so easy!
Instant Pot Boiled Eggs
- 6-12 Raw Eggs
- 1 cup water
- Place trivet in the bottom of your Instant Pot
- Pour water into pot
- Gently add eggs on top of trivet without touching the sides of the pot
- Place and tighten lid
- Press the "Pressure Cook" button and adjust time to 4-8 minutes (4 minutes for a runny yolk, 6 minutes for soft, and 8 minutes for hard)
- Press the "keep warm" button so that the light turns off, indicating the keep warm setting is turned off
- Once the cooktime is complete, manually release pressure and remove eggs as soon as you are able to open lid
- Place eggs in a bowl of ice water for 2 minutes and peel immediately
- Once peeled, eggs can be stored in a ziplock bag in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Eggs can easily be reheated by wrapping in a paper towel and microwaving at 15 second increments until warm.
- Boiled eggs can be added to any meal for an instant, healthy protein option.
Perfect Pressure Cooker Soft, Medium, Hard Boiled Eggs Tips
Note: Making pressure cooker eggs is easy. But if you want perfect eggs, be mindful that many factors affect the results of your eggs:
- Altitude (our eggsperiment was done at close to sea level)
- Amount and temperature of the cooking liquid
- Amount of eggs
- Size of the eggs
- Freshness of the eggs
- Pressure setting
- Pressure release method
- Cooking method (on a steamer rack or directly in the liquid)
- Resting time & method (cold water bath/ice bath)
So test and adjust to your situation!