Easy Baked Salmon
This easy salmon recipe is flakey and cooked perfectly to medium temperature every time! I have searched for an easy salmon recipe for years, and finally discovered the best method for producing a moist and delicious dish. This easy salmon recipe can be made ahead of time and popped in the oven for a quick and easy meal and can easily be enjoyed by the whole family. If you follow the simple and easy tips for perfect salmon below, you will never be let down with unevenly cooked salmon again.
- 1 lb Salmon Filet Preferrably with skin on
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon Zest only
- Cracked Pepper to taste
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt to taste
- Line a glass baking dish with foil and add olive oil
- Place salmon skin-side down
- Add salt, pepper, and lemon zest
- Add the salmon to cold oven and start over to 400 degrees
- Bake for 25 minutes
- When salmon is complete, remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving
- Use a spatula to slice salmon and remove from skin before serving
- Pair salmon witht steamed veggies or a green salad to comeplete your meal…Enjoy!
TIPS FOR EASY SALMON RECIPE
- Choose a cut of salmon that still has the skin. The skin keeps the salmon moist and can be peeled off easily before serving.
- Prepare the salmon and store in the refrigerator one day before you plan to prepare for your meal. This is part of what makes this easy salmon recipe so easy!
- Place the salmon in the cold oven straight from the refrigerator and start the timer. This allows the salmon to gradually come to heat in the over preventing drying of the fish.
- Wait to cut the salmon into individual pieces until after the resting phase to retain moisture.
- Double the amount of salmon that you need for leftovers….it’s delicious cold from the fridge on a salad the next day or used in your favorite egg recipe for breakfast.
- Do not open the oven while it is baking, as this will release the moisture from the oven.
Serving: 4ounces | Sodium: 430mg | Fiber: 0.5g | Calories: 180kcal | Saturated Fat: 1.2g | Fat: 7g | Protein: 22.1g | Carbohydrates: 0.1g