This quick and easy dish will leave you craving broccoli for every meal! Double your recipe for quick and easy meal prep dish throughout the week.
- Cover a large deep-lipped baking dish with foil
- Add broccoli florets and chopped stems (optional) in a single layer on the baking dish
- Add cold coconut oil in two mounds on top of broccoli (do not mix yet)
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Everything but the Bagel seasoning (do not mix yet)
- Place baking sheet in a cold oven and set temp to 400°
- Bake for 5 minutes then remove from oven to toss broccoli and seasonings in melted oil
- Replace in oven and bake fro 15 minutes or until fork-tender, but not mushy
A Note on Coconut Oil:Coconut oil is widely marketed as a superfood. The unique combination of fatty acids in coconut oil may have positive effects on your health, such as boosting fat loss, heart health, and brain function. Coconut oil is semi-solid at room temperature and melts quickly once placed in heat. It is normal for the oil to look like chunks of white “goop,” but it will melt quickly into a clear liquid in which to toss the broccoli with just a few minutes in the oven. This type of oil adds a light, fresh, and delicious flavor to this dish.
Tips for this Recipe:
- Double this recipe for a quick and easy side item to grab throughout the week.
- I like my broccoli to be on the crisp side when I meal prep so it reheats well and does not get mushy
- Broccoli reheats beautifully in the microwave at 1 min, power level 7
- One of our favorite breakfasts is to serve broccoli with 2 over easy eggs and a little hot sauce….tons of protein and this breakfast will keep you full all morning.
Serving: 1cup | Sodium: 29.7mg | Sugar: 1.5g | Fiber: 2.3g | Calories: 96kcal | Saturated Fat: 6.5g | Fat: 7.8g | Protein: 2.5g | Carbohydrates: 6g