Big A-Double-S Salad
Looking for a quick and satiating meal that will keep you on your weight loss journey? Thanks to Mark Sisson's introduction of the "Big Ass Salad" to the paleo world, we now have a throw-together meal using ingredients we already have in the fridge……so the planning of this meal is checked off before you begin!
- Lettuce (my favorite is mixed greens)
- 1 Boiled Egg
- 3 ounces Leftover protein (chicken, beef, seafood, pork)
- Chop lettuce, egg, protein, and all available vegetables (see V-Lean approved food list below)
- Toss ingredients together with 1 tbls Homemade Low-Fat Dressing
- Enjoy immediately
Tips for your Big A-Double-S Salad
- Use your favorite lettuce, egg, and protein as a base, then get creative!
- You can use leftover of meal-prepped roasted vegetables (Brussels, broccoli, zucchini, squash and onions….the possibilities are endless!)
- Leftover meats can include grilled chicken breast or thighs, store-bought or homemade rotisserie chicken, grilled filet, or roasted salmon
- Give your salad a Mexican flair by using browned taco beef and salsa (sugar-free) as the dressing
- Don’t have time for homemade dressing? You can use a simple blend of 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar and 1/2 tbsp olive oil or a low-fat, low-cal, store-bought vinaigrette (Skinny Girl is my favorite!)